Thursday, October 14, 2010

Words to live by

Since my journals might be obsolete or lost in the future, I decided to save the best quotes authored by me or inspired by others so that the legacy will still live on. I decided to call it my black book. 




“If you have a dream you should commit to it. The only thing I commit to is achieving my dreams.
                                                                                                               -pusakal
SEX AND THE CITY

~Maybe some women aren’t meant to be tamed. Maybe they need to run free until they find someone just as wild to run with.


ELEVEN MINUTES


~
 I've met a man and fallen in love with him. I allowed myself to fall in love for one simple reason; I’m not expecting anything to come out of it. Really important meetings are planned by the souls long before the bodies see each other.

~In love, no one can harm anyone else; we are each of us responsible for our own feelings and cannot blame someone else for what we feel. 


~It hurt when I lost each of the various men I fell in love with. Now, though I am convinced that no one looses anyone because no one owns anyone. That is the true experience of freedom; having the most important thing in the world without owning it.


“Anyone who has lost something they thought was theirs forever finally comes to realize that nothing belongs to them. And if nothing belongs to me, then there is no point wasting my time looking after things that aren’t mine; it’s best that I live as if today were the last day of my life. I can choose either to be a victim of the world or an adventurer in search of treasure. It’s all a question of how I view my life.

~And in the search of happiness all of us are equal: none of us is happy.


THE HOUSE OF THE FORTUNATE BUDDHAS ( Joao Ubaldo Ribiera) 
~Lust is a sin because of its obsessive nature; its ability to control a person’s life to the exclusion of all else: family, fortune, time, reputation and productivity.

~The need to remain technically a virgin. Even today I am amazed at the hymenolatry. It was a woman’s honor, what a horror!

(Pittigrilli)
~It’s sad to live in a society where a woman’s honor is located between her legs. My god, how stupid! How many lives have been lost, how many destinies have been ruined, how many tragedies have occurred because of the honor of so many, so many unhappy women.


WARRIOR OF THE LIGHT

~All the world’s roads lead to the heart of the warrior; he plunges unhesitatingly into the river of passions always flowing through his life. The warrior knows he is free to choose his desire and he makes these decisions with courage, detachment- and sometimes with a touch of madness.

~He embraces his passion and enjoys them intensely. He knows that there is no need to renounce the pleasures of conquests; they are part of life and bring joy to all those who participate in them.


~A warrior can distinguish between the transient and the enduring.



BROTHERS AND SISTERS

~The world is too fragile for people to be untrue. There’s too much at stake and life’s too short for lies. And you’re the worst kind of person in the world cause you wasted my heart and time.


VOLTAIRE

~Kissing before was an ordinary form of salutation, here is the danger: There is one nerve of the fifth pair which goes from the mouth to the heart thence even lower. With that delicate industry has nature prepared everything! The little glands of the lips, their spongy tissue, their velvety paps, their fine ticklish skin produce in them an exquisite and voluptuous sensation which is not without analogy to a still more hidden and still more sensitive part.

NIGHTS IN RODANTHE

~Making love she believed was more than simply a pleasurable act between two people. It encompassed all that a couple was supposed to share: trust and commitment, hope and dreams. A promise to make it through whatever the future might bring; it was a gentle dance of give and take.

~We both know you were leaving before the “we” part even began.

~I wouldn’t have traded the few days I spent with him for anything.



No comments: